Midfoot Surgery Perth
Modern Technique, Faster Patient Recovery
Our podiatric surgeon Dr Andrew Knox performs surgical treatment in Perth for conditions affecting the midfoot resulting from injury, flat foot deformity and neurological conditions. A range of modern techniques are employed including ostectomy (bone shaving), osteotomy (bone alignment correction) and arthrodesis (bone fusion).
Indications for midfoot surgery:
• Collapse of the arch of the foot
• Pain in the midfoot, secondary to degenerative arthritis or flat feet
• Failure of conservative care e.g. orthotics, custom footwear, braces, steroid injections
Aims of midfoot surgery:
• Relieve pain associated with the condition
• Prevent further deformity of the foot
• Allow a return to normal shoes
This website is intended for general information purposes only. Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner. For more information on midfoot surgery in Perth, we recommend making an appointment to see our specialist podiatric surgeon Dr. Andrew Knox.